Monday, October 13, 2008

Techneek of the Week - The Finale

This is the last alternate use for Prima flowers that you're getting out of me! I've used up both flowers that came in the package...and I got 4 layouts done! Five if you count the one that was a mistake and didn't make the cut (you can see it on my personal blog).



These flowers are TOTALLY AWESOME and I'm glad I put a bunch aside for myself in all my favourite colours!



This time around I used paint to embellish the plain petal...to match the smallest petals in the bunch that have cute little polka dots on them!!



No step-by-step, as it is super easy to do! Just find some paint that matches the colours you want to use in your layout (for me it was blue and brown), apply some to a paintbrush and dot it on the petal! I used the bottom of the paintbrush handle to get the mini-circles. I just dipped it in paint, then dabbed it on the petal in a random pattern. It probably won't be perfect, but it gives it a nice whimsical look!
And because I was on my last petals, and I needed more circles for my layout, I painted some Tim Holtz Grungeboard circles the same blue colour of the original fabric petals, and mimicked the paint job I had just given them. One chipboard circle got blue dots, and the other got brown dots.

Super fun! I hope you enjoyed my Two Flowers Four Ways...and if you have a fifth, sixth or seventh way to use these versatile fabric petals LET US KNOW in the comments, or better yet, post the finished layout on your Blog and link it back here!

Join us again this Thursday for the next Techneek of the Week and then Saturday for the Project of the Week...I wonder what Juli has in store for us!?!

And if you ever have any questions or suggestions for the Blog, let us know either by emailing Juli or I, or leaving a Comment! Even if you just want to say hi, we would love to hear from you!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Supplies Used on "Little Brother" Layout:

  • My Mind's Eye pattern paper
  • Making Memories & Heidi Swapp chipboard letters
  • American Crafts felt flowers and white brads (that I coloured with Butterscotch alcohol ink and orange Stickles)
  • Tim Holtz Grungeboard
  • Bam Pop frame (orange)
  • Love Elsie chipboard frame (blue)
  • K & Co. journaling tag (brown)
  • Doodlebug red bling
  • Craft paint

No comments: