Thursday, June 25, 2009

Most Exciting Project!

I have been in a creative slump lately. It happens to everyone, and I am no exception! I have a huge mess of a scrapbooking space that I am just not ready to deal with, and I just haven't been motivated or inspired! But today I wanted to just create...no rules, no "layouts" or mini albums (or Techneeks!) or anything too complicated or requiring too many supplies.



I have been wanting to send some fun mail lately, so I thought I would take this opportunity to stretch my creative muscles and send one of my bestest friends a little "like-letter."

So I pulled out the crayons, and a repurposed envelope and got to work!



Here's the finished envelope...


Make sure you have enough postage for the size and weight of your package and that the address is BIG and BOLD and stands out from the fancy stuff around it! I drew a big square around where I wanted to write the address before I started drawing. That way I could leave the space blank thereby making the address easier to read. You can write the address on a separate sheet of white paper and attach after you decorate your envelope.


Keep in mind:
- I don't have a lot of other writing on my envelope...I figure that would distract from the important stuff like the addresses

- There is nothing 3D on my envelope...what's the point because it would probably come off in the mail! You could use stickers or rub ons, but I wouldn't stick any rhinestones or flowers on the envelope, unless you don't mind if they show up a little worse for wear on the other end!

- You don't have to be a great drawing expert to have fun with this project...pull out some magazines that your friend might like and make a collage with some neat images. Or have your kids draw a goofy picture to send to an aunt or grandma that lives out of town...or even in town!

- If you have older kids, maybe think about sending some fun mail to them. Include some nice words about how awesome they are, or a funny joke, or a page from their favourite colouring book. this would be especially awesome to receive on their birthday!

- Include something fun, but inexpensive inside your envelope. I went "thrifting" the other day and found a cool item I thought my friend might like. I probably spent $2 at the most! Maybe write a nice letter, a list of your favourite songs they should check out, or include some recent photos of a fun day. This way your friend won't feel obligated to run out and buy you an expensive gift to return the favour.

- PAY IT FORWARD...if you get something fun in the mail, don't be afraid to send a simple thank you note back, and then create your own fun mail to send in a different direction.


And here is a picture of me mailing it this morning! This was a super fun little project that didn't take a lot of time, but was well worth the effort! I enjoyed myself so much, getting in touch with my inner child, and I know my friend will love opening her fun little package when it gets to her in a couple of days. Oh, and I have no idea what "Paint.net" did to my picture...!?!?!?

I have blurred the name and address of the person getting my mail to protect her identity and also because I want it to be a surprise! Tee Hee!

later skater alligator

P.S. I know I'm breaking my own rules with a post on a Thursday (it is thursday right?), but here it is anyways!

No comments: