Friday, June 5, 2009

TOTW - Transparent Layouts

Oh My Gosh...I actually have a layout for you guys! And it's only a day late! (Instead of a week late! HA!) I stopped by TM this afternoon, went through my list of potential TOTW and got to work! So I have two layouts (one double, really) to share with you tonight.


I have always loved Hambly, and really, anything transparent. It's so versatile, and all around amazing! I have shown you how to embellish with transparencies, but tonight I am going to show you how to build your layout on to a transparency! Say what????


You will need:
- Transparency...Hambly is the original, but so many more companies are creating beautiful transparent papers eg. Little Yellow Bicycle, etc. -- okay, so I can't think of any right now, but i know they're out there!

- Some kind of glue dot, or liquid glue, or glue tape that is CLEAR so you won't totally see it if you glue a transparency on to a transparency

- Other fun stuff to stick on your page

- An adventurous spirit!



Step One: Yeah...there aren't really going to be any "steps" tonight! I just sort of "winged it" and made some layouts. I will show you a cool thing to try with embellishing a transparency with another transparency. Mostly I just think you should try it out, expand your horizons and what not!

Also, my pictures are kind of lame, so bear with me...it has been a long week!

The only real "techneek" in this post, is this guy. I really love the Hambly frame transparency. Basically, it's just a bunch of fancy frames on one sheet. I wanted to use this as my background, but I also wanted to add some more colour.

So...I took my Hambly red bicycles transparency and...

Put it on top of my Frames, traced around the frame I wanted to highlight (using an American Crafts Slick Writer so it wouldn't smudge on me) and...



Cut out the shape on the Bicycle paper so it fit perfectly inside the frame! Wowee wow wow!

And the finished layouts...

I love love love how this looks! It is simple and yet also so fabulous! And I left a little spot for journaling...I'm using some simple lined paper, cut in the same shape/size as my little pictures.

A little doodle goes a long way...Lucas had his last school field trip of the year at Safety City, hence the city skyline. And remember my tip regarding doodling: when in doubt copy. This cityscape is similar to the Riff Raff Designs chipboard. It was handy, and my brain wasn't, so I scraplifted the basic shape!

The ribbon and lace really adds some much-needed dimension to my layout, plus the colours are so bright and awesome!

I cut out a frame from the teal Hambly transparency sheet to set off my "fun" die cut. NOt only does it tie in with the colours, it also keeps with my transparency theme.



I hope you enjoyed this week's lame excuse for a Techneek! I hope to have a project for you tomorrow, but it's going to be a busy day at work...we are getting our photo taken for an upcoming issue of Canadian Scrapbooker!!! HAZAA!

Happy Creating!


Products Used:
- Hambly transparencies (red bicycles and teal frames)
- My Mind's Eye die cuts (words: "laugh" and "fun")
- Ribbon: Fancy Pants & Webster Pages
- oSticker letters: Webster Pages
- 7 Gypsies word stickers
- Assorted rhinestones`

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Great job. I would have only thought to embelish with it instead of using as the background paper. I guess I need to think outside the box a bit more. lol :)

Anonymous said...

super cute