Monday, July 6, 2009

TOTW - Writing on Photos

I know I know...I am so late with this post!! Where oh where has the time gone! I was painting my dining room on Friday, so this post got totally pushed into nowhere land! But here I am now, with a fairly simple Technique for you to try...


You will need:
- an American Crafts "Slick Write", Sharpie, Sakura Pigma pen, etc. etc. Pretty much any pen that is quick-drying and can write on Slick surfaces (like transparencies, stickers, and photographs!!)
- a photo


Step One: I suggest you write out your possible text on a scrap sheet of paper first. Check for spacing and - most importantly - spelling!!


Step Two: Write your message or title on your photo.

For a little added interest, mix in printed text with your handwriting. I cut up a "dismissal letter" from my personal files and keep the text around for just such an occassion! You could also use stickers or rub ons from your stash to mix up the fonts and change the look.




I will be back this week with some wedding-themed layouts...this is going to be especially fun for those of you who want to try a non-traditional approach to scrapbooking your wedding photos!


****************************


This just in...

I have a bunch of leftover kits to sell from the last Scrapbook Savvy class I taught. $45 gets you all the supplies and paper you need to make SIX SINGLE PAGE LAYOUTS. Plus I've made it super easy for you and included full colour instructions with pictures and everything!
But there are only five kits available, so get yours fast. They are in store now, and ready to go home with you! If you are from out of town and would like a kit please call the store and we would be happy to ship one out to you.
You can check out a photo of the kit here...on the TM Classes site.

No comments: