Thursday, July 23, 2009

TOTW - Little Pocket

Remember last week's post with the most awesome silver crackle paint? Remember that I promised you that I would show you how I was going to finish the page? Well here it is!!


My sister's wedding photographer gave her a bunch of little teensy picture books as a keepsake. And lucky me, I got one! And the idea to stick it on a scrapbook page came to me right away...but I had a find a creative way to do it.



You will need:

- Clear plastic sheet to use as your pocket. I cut up some scrapbooking packaging to use.

- A needle and thread. I'm using some embroidery floss, cause that's what I have.




Cut your clear plastic piece to the right size for whatever you're putting in it. Position it on the page where you want it. Start at one corner of the sheet with your stitching. I found it was easier to go down through the plastic and not up from the bottom. So just keep that in mind as you go along.
(Sorry about the crooked picture...)

This is the finished layout (well almost...I might add some bling and more ribbon). I didn't sew around the entire plastic piece because I want to be able to take the picture book out and look through it.


And here is a close-up of the little detail I did at the bottom.
This was super easy to do, nothing fancy or complicated here! Try it in as many colours as you can find and if you're not keen on the cross stitch, do a simple line or try something fancier. I am not an expert needleworker, so my stitching is fairly crude, but who cares! It's just fun!!
Next week I hope to show you what I've been doing with the rest of my layouts from Amy's wedding. It's my cleverest work to date!!
later,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool... thanks for sharing

Electra said...

As always, you have the coolest ideas, Lisa. I really like this!
Thanks for sharing your talent with us!