Friday, May 22, 2009

Inspired By...

This morning I was lurking around some of my fave websites and blogs, and I was inspired by some of the art I found there.


Some of you might remember Elsie Flannigan from all her amazing work with KI Memories a couple of years ago. She has moved on to start her own online store, selling her art and crafts with some good friends! I have always admired her scrapbooking, and now find myself inspired by her art!

These paintings caught my eye, and I knew I could translate their geometric lines to my scrapbooking doodles!





You will need:
- Sharpie or other permanent black marker
- paper

Extras:
- paint
- crayon
- pen or felt marker

Step One: Pick a shape and draw it on your background paper. I like the diamond-type shapes Elsie used in her paintings. It doesn't have to be perfect, just do it!!

Step Two: Draw the shape a couple more times on your paper. I joined them together with a simple line between.



Step Three: Once you have finished drawing your shapes, you can colour them in with some paint or markers, pencil crayons, regular crayons, etc. etc. I used some basic craft paint watered down to add some colour to my shapes.
I used less water where I wanted the colour to be brighter.





And the finished doodle. With colour. Bright and nice!!









And the finished layout. Simple, but stunning!







I doodled the title and added some red paint and felt marker to add some extra colour.









photos of Elsie's art found on abeautifulmess.typepad.com and redvelvetart.com

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Hi Lisa! I love the page, it is a very cool doodle shape!