Thursday, March 12, 2009

TOTW - Stamp On Canvas Paper

The *new* Claudine Helmuth canvas paper is super awesome...I can't believe it took me this long to start playing with it! Rumor has it you can print photos on it, and make cool painted or inked embellishments...but today I am going to show you how to stamp on it using some of the new Ranger stamps (which are also awesome!)

You will need:
- a stamp of your choice (I'm using the new clock face from Ranger)
- ink pad (I'm using black)
- Claudine Helmuth sticky back canvas

Step One: Get your stamp all inked up.


Step Two: Stamp on to the canvas as you would on to paper, making sure you press down firmly on the stamp so the entire image transfers. Lift the stamp off.



Step Three: I'm using my image as an embellishment on a page that will be revealed to you at the end of the month...and I wanted the image to stand on it's own, so I cut it out. It's up to you how you use yours, but if you are going to cut it out some nice sharp scissors work best!

Finish it up with some clock hands and a brad, and off you go! I love how the edges are a little frayed and the image looks a little bit distressed!


You could also try:
- painting the detail of the image to finish it off
- spraying with Glimmer Mist to colour the canvas before stamping...the ink might bleed into the Glimmer Mist so keep that in mind!
- stamp multiple images in the same colour or the same image in multiple colours

Happy Creating! And I'll see you back here next week for another sneak peek of my "big reveal" at the end of the month...more stamps, but this time on some chipboard! Ooh Aah!

1 comment:

Taz42 said...

I can't wait to try some of this canvas paper. I think it will give a great texture. I can think of lots of uses for it already and I don't even have it in my hands yet.