Friday, February 19, 2010

Kitschy Digitals & Goods

This week I thought I would try my hand at some digital and hybrid scrapbooking. K...it's mostly hybrid. I'm more of a paper and scissors kind of girl than mouse and keyboard!

But I did find some super rad digital and printable images on the web that I had to share. These are from Kitschy Digitals by Danielle Thompson. Some of you may remember her from her "Designing With" days. I {heart} her stuff!

I purchased my digital kit on JessicaSprague.com. It was super easy and super fast! The second I had hit "pay" through pay pal, I had the download code in my email. Wow! It took a bit of figuring out to get the files to extract...my computer is apparently having a "Monday"...but once that was done I was very impressed.

Inside each download are the png files for playing with my flowers in a software that allows for that - Photoshop, etc. - plus a printable PDF file, and some project suggestions, and some other little notes! I was very excited to get started!

So I thought I would be smart and use the high tech colour copier at work to print one sheet of these, just to see how they would turn out. Apparently the copier was having a "Monday" as well, because it kept jamming and telling me to adjust the paper size, etc. etc. So it half printed twice, then decided what it really wanted was legal sized paper, so it grabbed one of those and I got a third copy. Um...thanks?
So this is what I ended up with. On standard copy paper. Yippee... But I thought: "I'm a creative person who is used to thinking outside the box so I should have no problem coming up with something"

So I did...

On this layout I cut one strip of the flowers and used it as pattern paper. The colours of the flowers go great with the photo and I found some more pattern paper that went just as well. Remember that flowers aren't just for spring, summer, or girls. And because these guys are in such fun vintage colours, they complement a lot of different themes.

For the next one I did the standard cut all around the shape and stick it down. But, if you were handy with some sort of photo-editing software, which I am not, you could print these right onto your layout! Gasp!
I love how real these look. They actually look shiny like real plastic flowers. And the colours are so amazing!

On this last layout, I cut out each flower, but left a rectangle of the white paper around each one.
It's just another way to use them. Nothing special or fancy, but I think it looks sweet! That's my sister's baby by the way! Eek...exciting! See the feather? I'll show you some more of that stuff later tonight.

There are some amazing digital kits for purchase from Kitschy Digitals. And Danielle gives you the option to "upgrade" your purchase for photographer or commercial uses. I'm thinking I might make some fun Blog decor with these guys!

Danielle - the creator of Kitschy Digitals - has a lot of great ladies on her design team, and they can do some amazing things with her products. You can find her here:

This page can direct you to whichever product you're interested in.

Kitschy Digitals Blog has a lot of great info and updates and project suggestions.

Her Personal Blog has a lot of other fun crafty stuff and amazing photography!

Jessica Sprague is where I bought my digital kit. Danielle sells 4 kits from here currently. You can also find more product at Two Peas in a Bucket

In her Goods Shop you can purchase the digital images already printed for you. The colour quality is amazing and the price isn't bad either! These are the same images as you can buy as a download, but for people who don't want to deal with all that computer stuff! They are printed on high quality paper, with super ink...I know my printer at home just can't compare.

I'll show you some fun layouts I made using some of her Goods...later tonight!  So come back for that post...

No comments: