Friday, January 15, 2010

Jenni Bowlin & Embossed Papers


For the Technique this week, I yoinked a couple of pieces of paper from K.C's new Jenni Bowlin paper pack! It is an excellent little pack of paper, I tell you what!

This is patterned, embossed paper, that has a different colour core than the surface colour. It is so wonderful! And it comes in some of her best patterns. Here is a link for some more pictures: "link".

You will need:
- embossed paper
- sandpaper

I apologize now for all the sideways pictures. It's just not my day!

This is what the (ivory) paper looks to start. You can only sort of see the embossed image on the paper. I'm going to show you this technique on two different sheets of the paper, because the ivory does not photograph well, at all! Check back later for the second layout.

You'll want to take a small piece of sand paper, or a sanding block or file to the embossed areas. Remember that the core of the paper is a different colour (in this case, lighter ivory...sigh) so you will start to see the different colour underneath. Keep sanding until you are satisfied with the colour coming through.

And this is the ivory paper after it has been sanded. Kind of looks the same doesn't it? That's why I'm going to show this on another sheet of paper. Be patient!

And here is my (first) finished layout. I used some other Jenni Bowlin paper and embellishments to finish off this layout about my sister and her hubby.
The ivory/light ivory paper has a very very subtle effect (very...subtle), so you might want to try inking it, if you want the pattern to show through more. You could try a fancy colour to brighten things up. I actually kind of like the subtle edging on this layout now that I'm looking at it!

Check back later tonight, when I hope to have the next layout up for you. After my fingers warm up, and hopefully Blogger stops acting up!

later skater alligator

1 comment:

tammi said...

i have this paper but was struggling to use this one page....i love what you did with it...thanks