Saturday, September 5, 2009

TOTW - Ink Dots

I just couldn't decide what to show you for a Technique this week. There have been so many new and wonderful additions to the store, providing a lot of opportunities for "Featuring..." and "Inspired By" showcases. But half the fun is coming up with new Techniques to use along side all the new stuff. I decided to combine a bunch of the fun new products in store with a tried-and-true Technique for a nice balance this week!

You will need:
- ink pad (I really like the Tim Holtz Distress pads because they are great colours, and they stay really bright once applied)
- foam or felt applicator (the wooden one pictured is from Ranger, but any foam or felt piece will work, include foundation makeup applicators!)
- magic mesh, dot mesh, whatever you have on hand (the strip I have here was a gift from a friend, so I'm not sure who makes it, but it has a nice big pattern and the top is plastic so the ink wipes right off after you're done.)


Step One: Get some ink on your applicator by rubbing it directly on to your ink pad.

Step Two: Place your mesh "mask" on your background paper. Holding it down firmly, rub the ink onto the paper over top of the mask. By applying the ink first to an applicator, it helps vary the intensity of the ink so you can have lighter and darker areas.
Keep applying ink over the mesh until you have the desired effect.


Now me being the genius that I am, I forgot to take pictures of the finished layout! Ha! Tomorrow when there's some good light out, I'll snap some pics then and post them up here.
Also on my plate this week...I created a fabby little September Kit for the store. All turquoises, oranges, greens and pinks...perfect to keep some summer flavour in your life as we move into fall! I've completed a bunch of layouts using product in the kit that I'm going to post here. Chantel's vintage-inspired kit is already sold out, but Victoria, the newest addition to the TM Team created a fun and bright kit that's still up for sale. I'll post some of their layouts here as well so if you're lucky enough to get your hands on one of the kits, you can check back here for some inspiration!

The new Riff Raff shapes for September are out...you can see all of them here and check back all month for some Design Team inspiration, including my layouts! If you can't get enough of Riff Raff, send an email to Ben and Kara...they might just feature you on their blog in a little showcase they call Riff Raff In Real Life.

until next time...

No comments: