Friday, September 25, 2009

Featuring...NEW Sassafras

Be still my monster-heart! I have been patiently waiting for all the new fabulousness that is Sassafras to arrive in store...and it has paid off in spades!

Lots of bright colours and quirky patterns: classic Sassafras. Plus there's a sticker that says "That's How I Roll"...that's classic Lisa! I bought a bunch (a bouquet really!), and brought it home to play.
Layout the First. I used my hand as a mask! And while it is very orange now (very very), it was the cheapest and most accessible thing I could find! I used two colours of orange Glimmer Mist and my red Colour Wash. After it had dried a bit, I smudged some turquoise Glimmer Mist inside, then spattered some alcohol ink over top.


This layout is all about my name...

Page the Second, with another little Technique thrown in for good measure...

For perfect circles why not use coins as a mask. I grabbed my change jar, scattered some quarters, dimes and pennies all over my card stock, then sprayed with three colours of Colour Wash and Glimmer Mist. Because the coins are deeper than paper, they were easy to pull off without smudging the ink.



I hope you enjoy trying out some new stuff this week, wherever you might be. With all the change in the weather, it doesn't hurt to change up your scrapbooking as well.
I am submitting both of my layouts to different challenge Blogs today (if I get my butt in gear!).

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love both of those layouts!!