Saturday, August 29, 2009

Featuring...New to You!

This week I wanted to do a little feature showing some of the new lines to hit the store. I completed FOUR layouts with some new products from American Crafts, Jillibean Soup & Tim Holtz.

Just some simple layouts to get you inspired and excited about all the new stuff coming in from CHA...and there's plenty of it to get excited about!

Layout #1: "Cheese"
- Pattern paper from American Crafts & Jillibean Soup.
- Number journaling tags from Jillibean Soup
- Fleece shapes from American Crafts


Layout #2: One Craft at a Time
- Shiny chipboard sticker letters from American Crafts
- Badges from American Crafts (these are the little shiny buttons, and there are some for every new line!)
- Pattern paper & number journaling tags from Jillibean soup
- You can see just a bit of a new chipboard shape from Riff Raff Designs August Release...I used it as a mask for my Glimmer Mist. Can you tell what it is?
- Tiny little alphabet stickers from My Little Shoebox. The dark blue is from an older line, but they came out with a whole whackload of new bright and fun colours to play with.



Layout #3: "Camp Hair"
- Pattern paper from American Crafts (love those little pears!) and Jillibean Soup...I used the green numbers on kraft paper, but this pattern comes in a bunch of great colours and the kraft background makes it match everything!
- Fleece shapes from American Crafts...thicker than felt and with such a great texture...and cute too!
- Coloured Pearl brads from American Crafts. They came out with a whole tonne of different coloured rhinestone and pearl brads, sparkly buttons, multi-packs and more!
- American Crafts Thickers sticker letters. These ones are the sweetest shade of pink, and covered with a canvas-type texture so you could sand the edges of these bad boys to give a more distressed look.
- Newish cardstock stickers from Sassafras Lass. These guys are great for journaling, or just to add a little extra to your layouts.
- Background texture stamps from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous. I applied the polka dot stamp using a Tim Holtz distress ink pad. Then I sprayed Lemon Meringue Glimmer Mist over the entire surface. The white dots you can see up top are thanks to the gesso I used earlier. It provides a resist to the Glimmer Mist.


Layout #4: Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows
- Pattern paper from Jillibean Soup. I dressed it up a bit with some Adirondack Colour Wash.
- Fleece shapes, pearl brads and Thickers from American Crafts

And this is really only the tip of the iceberg! American Crafts has FOUR new lines, including a super fabulous boys/sports line with trophies, stars and robots! And their Halloween and Holiday lines are also amazing! Lots of shine and glitter to be found. And our store is swimming in a sea of beautiful, wonderful Thickers...American Crafts answer to sticker letters. Every colour, shape and style you can imagine. They are fully awesome!

Jillibean Soup has released some of their best kraft paper yet...text, swirls, owls and the numbers I used above. All in a bunch of great colours that coordinate with pretty much everything in your stash. And their journaling tags were a best seller last time around. And this time they have release the number tags that I used, as well as all the months of the year! Woot!

Tim Holtz hit it out of the park again with the new release from Stampers Anonymous. Plus we received three boxes worth of new 7Gypsies stuff yesterday that I haven't even peeked at yet!

Get over to TM and check it out...even just for some inspiration. I challenge you to pick a couple of awesome pieces that will complement the stuff you already have at home. A little bit of new fun stuff never hurt anyone!

By the way...I only spent about $30 (I already had the stamps) and I made four pretty sweet layouts using my new product with a little help from my stash at home. Plus I have lots of bits left over to add to future projects. New stuff is so inspiring...it helps me get excited about creating again? What gets you excited about scrapbooking?

until next time,
lisa

P.S. I posted our Fall/Winter class schedule on the TM Classes blog. Check it out!

1 comment:

Electra said...

What excites me about scrapbooking? (how do I love thee, let me count the ways)...
the colours, the textures, the memories, the shopping for supplies, etc, etc, etc.
Your classes look great Lisa!