Friday, February 6, 2009

Valentine Project

What would Valentine's Day be without those piles of cute little lacy, frilly, sparkly Valentine's Cards!!?? Today I thought I would share my version...I'm not big on the sparkly/lacy/frilly, but I found a great stamp and went from there!


You will need:

- Pattern paper: I picked Making Memories pink polka dot

- Solid paper in a neutral colour: my pattern paper is double-sided, so I needed a solid to write my message on!

- Collage stamp: Mine is from Tim Holtz

- Black embossing powder & embossing ink (& a heat gun)

- Buttons to match

- Tickets or tags: I'm using the long red ones from Creative Cafe

- Ribbon: more Making Memories, this time pink with a velvet stripe

- Black pen to write your message


Step One: Assemble all of your supplies. I'm not really into "themed" things (paper, embellishments, etc.) so I just chose some generic embellishments that were Valentine colours - red, pink, & black. But if you really want to get into the spirit of the holiday, by all means go right ahead!


Step Two: Cover your stamp in embossing ink, and stamp onto your pattern paper. I didn't cut my pattern paper first...I hate having to line up the stamp with the cut edges. If I stamp it crooked I can just cut the edges to make it look straight!



Step Three: Sprinkle embossing powder over the stamped image. Tap off the excess.




Step Four: Use the heat gun to set the embossing powder.


Step Five: Cut out around the stamped image. My stamp is about 2.5" by 3.5", so my completed tag is 2.75" x 3.75"



Step Six: Embellish your tag! I kept mine really simple and just added a button and a ticket, and a piece of ribbon at the top.


Step Seven: Add a neutral solid to the back of your tag and write you message!


Repeat as needed!!



Happy Creating!!

-----

P.S. Sorry about the lack of Techneek post on Thursday. The project I was working on did NOT turn out as planned, and I had no backup, and it was late...so...

Next week...I promise!

No comments: