Thursday, February 19, 2009

Featuring...Art Chix!

So, while I'm not necessarily running out of Techneek Ideas, I find myself running out of time each Thursday trying to get the post out in time. So this week I decided I'm going to change things up a bit!


Sometimes we find ourselves inspired by a colour combination, or an ad in a magazine, and sometimes all it takes is one look at the latest product line to hit the store! Featuring... is going to focus on a new line or company that we (treasured memories) carry. I'll show you a couple of ways to use the new product in your scrapbooking, card making or papercrafting, etc.

This week we got a whole whackload of stuff in the store (next week is looking to be the same!!), but the stuff that really caught my eye is from Art Chix, an online store and gallery based out of Victoria, BC. They carry a lot of great stuff for papercrafting, collage, and mixed media, but Chantel (and her Dad!!) thought they would give it a chance to appeal to our mostly scrapbooking clientele. Well, I'm hooked!!!


Our In-Store display...




A couple of collage sheets...
Faux postal stamp stickers...


Some of the metal charms...there are crowns, and bird nests, and faces, and boots, and wings, etc. etc.

And here is my layout. I used a couple of the Art Chix collage sheets...this style goes perfectly with my goofy heritage photo! I am missing my title, but otherwise I hope you get the idea! This stuff is really fun to play with and there are lots of different themes to suit any style! I really like the Winged Cuties (shown here) & City Delights collage sheets, and all of the charms!

Check out the Art Chix main website and online store here. They have boat loads of great collage sheets, buttons, charms, kits, buttons, etc. And check out the main TM Blog for more pictures of the stuff we got in store.

Hopefully I will be posting my other completed project tonight (once the little one has gone to bed!!)...I used more of the collage sheets, as well as some other lines that we carry that coordinate really well with the Art Chix line.

Happy Crafting!


Supplies Used:
- Art Chix: Mystical & Winged Cuties collage sheets, and gold Crown charm
- Pattern Paper: October Afternoon (polka dot), Making Memories (ledger), Sassafraslass (turquoise and ivory stripe)
- Creative Cafe calendar
- Heidi Swapp ghost clock
- 7Gypsies typewriter word, and word stickers
- Ranger Tim Holtz Inspire charm
- Scenic Route label sticker
- Assorted Ribbon

No comments: