Thursday, February 12, 2009

TOTW - Primary Colours

This week I took the easy way out - again - and my theme is "colour." This is just the way I think and scrapbook...so it makes sense to do another techneek with colour as my starting point.

You might remember a couple of weeks ago I did a layout with white as the dominating colour. And I think it fit perfect with my theme and photos. And this week I was inspired by another set of photos. The hubby, son & I recently visited a Lego Art exhibit at the local science centre. While it wasn't completely what we were expecting, it was still fun and I got some neat, colourful pictures.

This next photo was my inspiration for the primary colour theme for my techneek tonight!



I pulled together some of my favourite supplies in blue, red and yellow. As per my style, I didn't use all of the stuff in my pile, but it was nice to have some extra options!


And I also kept the background neutral, so it wouldn't compete with all the other colours I knew would make it on to the page. But to liven it up a bit, I added some bubble wrap detail with white paint. (I had placed my photos down first so I knew where to put my bubble wrap!)


This layout was super simple and once I started laying things down, I was done in less than 15 minutes. It's nice when you choose a colour theme...even just one or two colours...it keeps things simple and super easy.

And a close up of the title.

Supplies Used:

  • Pattern Paper: Hambly transparency, Doodlbug (dark blue), unknown blue damask (the cloud cut-out)
  • Prima "L is for" sticker
  • Jenni Bowlin star tickets, label stickers & red letter stickers
  • Doodlebug red sticker letters
  • Other: blue postcard from IKEA, bubble wrap & white paint, front cover of a memo note pad

Happy Creating!!

No comments: