Thursday, January 8, 2009

TOTW - Challenge Me!

If you've ever visited my personal blog you'll see that I love a scrapbook challenge! And there are so many blogs and websites that I can visit to get my fix! I haven't been participating in a lot of these lately, but in the past whenever I was in a creative rut, or needed a jumping of point for a difficult set of photos, or even when I was just in the mood to have some fun I can turn to any of these sites for a little inspiration and a kick in the butt!

And now with the New Year upon us, so many of us are setting goals relating to their scrapbooking: getting more layouts done, taking more/better photos, spending more time with my scrapbooking buddies, etc.

SO, as the first "Techneek" of 2009 I am issuing a challenge to all of my readers out there... pick one of the Challenge Blogs below (or find one on your own) and TAKE THE CHALLENGE!! Then post your layout on your blog, or on Flickr, or on SIStv, or anywhere, and link it up in the comments here. I can't wait to see what everyone picks!

Here's my list of favourite Challenge/Inspiration Blogs. Some I have been visiting for a long time, and some I've just discovered recently through other sites and other bloggers. Regardless of your taste in scrapbooking, there should be something here for you! And if your favourite Challenge Blog isn't on my list, let me know!! I would love to add it!


And here is my completed challenge layout! I took the Scrapjacked Challenge. Essentially, these lovely ladies post a layout by another scrapbooker, and your challenge is to "scrapjack" it (aka "scraplift"). You can take elements of the original layout (colour, design, theme, etc.) and reproduce them in your own style.

You'll notice how I took the original design of the photo grid and changed it a little to fit my 6 pictures (instead of 11).

I also "lifted" the cute coloured doodles on the original. I used some of Lucas' crayons to colour in my scrap-graffiti.


And finally, I loved her use of the label maker to add captions to all of her photos...but I used mine to add more interest to the title block!


I hope you had fun playing along with my mini-challenge. Check back next week as always for another post from me! And I think we might even have something fun for you on Saturday...a little project to start the new year off right!

Later...

1 comment:

Electra said...

I LOVE your scrapgraffiti, as well as the "Decembers" on the background-very cool! I've taken Scrapmojo up on their challenge, they're one of my most favorite sites. Here's where I've posted mine:
http://wishiniknewhowtoblog.blogspot.com
Thanks Lisa!