Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Favorite Photos Mini Album!

Cute little mini album made with all the new lovely goodies we have in store. You can find this album in store on display with our Maya Road collection. Have a fantastic weekend, happy scrappin'!
J



Supplies: Maya Road chipboard Album & rub on letters, paint &paint brush, Ribbon, American Crafts: paper, stickers, Thickers, ribbon, rub ons; Doodlebug bling, Journaling Stamp (Autumn Leaves),
1. First step is to paint the mini album. I have choosen to do three different colors - two pages in each color, you can choose to paint it however you like, or leave it raw. I first covered the album in gesso (a thick white medium) it makes it way easier to paint chipboard, because then the chipboard doesn't soak up the paint and you won't need a thousand coats. Now I got a little bit messy and there are white bits of paint everywhere. It didn't bother me I like things messy but you don't have to do that, it was a total accident.
2. Select a theme for your album. I choose to do my favorite photos, I have tons and I thought this would be a great way to display minis of them!
3. To make mini albums work (you may have heard this from Lisa already) but it is easiest to make them work if there is a constant throughout. I have choose to stamp each opposite page with a journaling stamp in black ink. This ties the album together. Some may argue that you would want to use the same three sheets of paper through out, but I personally don't like that rule.
4. Start working through your pages, adding embellishments and photos. Below is each individual page describing what I used. Enjoy!




Used: AMC Ribbon, Bazzil Tulle, AMC Thickers, Maya Road Rub-ons


Used: AMC paper, Ranger Stickles, Maya Road Rub-ons


Used: AMC Paper, AMC stickers, Doodlebug flocked paper


Used: AMC rub-ons, AMC paper, Doodlbug Bling


Used: AMC stickers, Doodlebug Bling


Used: Kaiser Pears, AMC Paper, Maya rub-ons

No comments: