Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fancy Clothespins

I know, I know...it doesn't sound all that exciting, but it is I promise! This is one of those little projects that gets you making something, gets you playing with paper and glue and fun little things without any pressure and any timetable...just plain fun!

You will need:
- wooden clothespins
- pattern paper
- Ranger Glossy Accents (or clear embossing powder)
- other little things to embellish, like flowers, buttons, etc.




Step One: Trace the shape of your clothespin onto your pattern paper. Wooden clothespins aren't perfect so it won't be a perfect rectangle. Even after you trace it and cut it out, you might need to do some more trimming to get a good fit.







Step Two: I inked the edges of my paper before I glued it down, but you could skip this step or even distress the edges with some sandpaper.




Step Three: Use your standard scrapbooking adhesive to glue the paper down, then coat the entire top with glossy accents. To save yourself some time, add your embellishments at this point while the glue is still wet.





These little guys are super fun to use to hang your wet clothes, or you could use them in a fun art project...I've been eyeing my metal clothes hangers for awhile with a special purpose in mind!

I have a couple of clothespins stuck to the cupboards in my kitchen and I use them to hang up my new layouts or something that has been inspiring me lately.

Happy Creating!
________________________________
And the Winner is...
ALISON!

Congratulations! Now, I don't have a prize set up just yet, as I couldn't find anything good in Dallas! Can you believe it? So I'm going to throw some cool travel stuff together and send it off. So Alison, please email me your address and I can get your surprise package out to you. Thanks to everyone who left a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

simple but pretty... and a great way to use up those scraps I just cant part with....