Monday, August 25, 2008

Project - Kaiser Crafts Mini Album

Late...again...oops!

Seems life has caught up to me once again, and I forgot to send Juli the instructions so she could do up her fancy little downloadable file. So you're stuck with me again this week!! But at least the project is super cute!!

I used the Kaiser Crafts wooden tag album, some Heidi Swapp paper and random embellishments from my stash to create this great mini-album! It would be perfect to showcase the photos from a mini holiday, a birthday or anniversary, or just an everyday great day!













And it is super simple to make. Grab some similar themed or coloured patterned paper, trace the page from the mini-album (in pencil) on the pattern and cut it out. I sanded the edges down to match the distressed look of the paper, and because it covered up my croked edges! I used less than one sheet of 3 different double-sided pattern papers, and the Heidi Swapp paper is especially good for a project like this because it also comes with some die-cut tags attached, which made it even easier to embellish. Check out the tags on the cover and pages 4, 7, & 8.

After I had covered each page with my pattern paper, I went through my embellishment stash and pulled out anything I thought would match. This included: rhinestones, ribbon, rub ons, flowers and stickers. Try and limit your embellishments to one or two pieces per page. That way you keep things simple and leave yourself enough room for a photo!!

Once I was done embellishing the pages, I tied some ribbon around the binder ring, holding the whole thing together, and called it a day. Once I get some ink for my printer, I'm planning on using some photos of my son on a super-fun day we had last month, as a kind of mini-keepsake of all the fun we had this summer hanging out together!

Supplies:
  • Kaiser Crafts tag album (these little wooden albums come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and are super durable!!)
  • Heidi Swapp pattern paper and die-cut tags
  • Prima bulk flowers
  • Doodlebug rhinestones ("Lily White")
  • Fontwerks rub-ons
  • Sassafraslass stickers
  • Bulk ribbon

No comments: